15 June 2018
Ten top reasons to visit the Show
Just 10 of the MANY reasons why Bicester Heritage is the place to be on June 23/24!
- See one of the only two remaining airworthy Lancaster bombers in the world in a full-on air display alongside a Spitfire and Hurricane, with the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
- Meet Le Mans Legend Derek Bell MBE when he’s the Show Guest of Honour on Saturday 23rd June - see him out on track in a Porsche, and why not pick up a signed copy of his latest book?
- Witness the extravagantly-styled 1957 Kellison EXP00 doing its thing on the demonstration track in all its Batmobile-like glory, be stunned by the beauty of the exquisite Aston Martin DBR4 Formula 1 car and see drummer, TV presenter and classic car fanatic Fuzz Townshend behind the wheel of the spectacular 1920’s Fafnir Hall-Scott Special.
- Get up close to the giant that is a Sherman tank, count the bullet holes in the ex-ammunition test target Grant tank and take a passenger ride in a Jaguar E-type-engined Spartan reconnaissance tank.
- Marvel at the daredevil antics of the Demon Drome Wall of Death team as they push the boundaries of physics - and engineering - to their limits.
- Admire the finalists in the Flywheel Concours - from supercars and rally cars to stars of the silver screen, they’ll all be looking their best.
- Break out your ration cards and head for the Vintage Village where you’ll find everything from classic clothing to that essential item for a period-styled home, or go for the ultimate in stylish timepieces as Bremont bring a pop-up shop to Bicester Heritage for the weekend.
- Search for your next classic car at the Brightwells auction and in the Private Sales Paddock.
- Explore the immaculately-restored Technical Site - the former RAF Bicester - and pay a visit to the workshops and showrooms of the many historic car specialists now based there.
- Wander among the classic club and pre-76 car displays and spot - and vote for - the finalists in the Classic & Sports Car People’s Concours